Greetings all and welcome back to yet another Discovery of the Day! MarketSquare recently moved into Open Beta, meaning you can now sign up for a profile and enjoy everything the site has to offer. From Monday to Friday we bring you our top picks from across the cryptosphere as part of our Discovery of the Day series. Today we take a closer look at a project bringing your favorite NFTs into the real world…it’s NiftySlabs!
Bridging the Gap…
NFTs are awesome, but unless you have access to a computer or some kind of mobile device with an internet connection, it’s pretty much impossible to share them with others (unless you right-click, save as, of course). Some might consider this a minor drawback, but there are indeed those persons who wish their NFTs were more…tangible. While it’s definitely nice to own things digitally, having some kind of proof of its existence and value in the real world is reassuring.
Now it may not be possible to have every kind of NFT in ‘physical’ form, but static images and profile pics simply need to be printed out, right? Not quite. Of course you could just print an NFT out on any old printer on just about any kind of paper, but that doesn’t exactly seem fitting for something with value, now does it? Imagine someone asking you about your NFT collection and you opening up your actual wallet and pulling out some scrunched up images printed on standard paper. I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound very appealing to me.
Pullin’ out my NFTs in the real world like…
If only there was some way to ensure that physical versions of NFTs were expertly handled and fashioned in such a way as to attain optimal levels of quality and durability…if only…
‘A Slab of a Face?’
So NiftySlabs is a pretty novel and fun way to bring your NFTs into the world of the corporeal. Moreover, the process is simple:
- NiftySlabs will verify that you are, in fact, the owner of the NFT you want to ‘slab’
- A physical 1/1 version of your NFT will then be created complete with personalized traits and information
And that’s about it really. Naturally there’s a little more to this process, and of course the quality of the finished product is what matters most. Take a look at the details:
Nope, this ain’t no flimsy card or some cheap laminated junk…we’re talkin’ the real deal here folks! 420gsm (the perfect weight for crypto) cardstock together with all the important info listed on the back? Now that’s the way to do it!
Of course it’s also really important that the actual print itself is high quality. There’s nothing worse than a card or image that appears pallid, lifeless and drab. When it comes to the world of NFTs, we’re talking about color, form and energy—nothing less! Thankfully NiftySlabs has this covered as well:
Naturally even the best quality prints and cardstock don’t provide sufficient protection from the elements. Fear not! NiftySlabs has given this due consideration, which is why they provide their clients with card slabs (or cases) so that almost nothing can contaminate or taint their precious NFTs. In this way anyone who chooses to have a physical version of their NFT created can keep it in near mint condition and keep it stored safely (or put on display) for years to come.
Sampling Some Slabs
So why don’t we take a closer look at a few of the NFTs that have been slabbed?
Monsieur Pepe couldn’t stand hand sanitizer
Mrs. Ape realized she had forgotten her earmuffs
In Soviet Russia, NFT print you
This is just a handful of the total number of NFTs that have been slabbed so far. If you want to find out more, head over to NiftySlabs’ Slab Archive and take a look around.
The Value of NiftySlabs
So there’s a few things to take into consideration regarding NiftySlabs. They are as follows:
- Secure Your NiftySlab - So there’s no fiat that gets used in the transaction. Very simply, NiftySlabs will perform verification by matching the ETH wallet address used for payment with the one holding the NFT. In this way, only the holder of the NFT will be able to secure the 1/1 NiftySlab. For your information, the ETH wallet for payment is NiftySlabs.eth
- Anonymity Protected - Anonymity and privacy are taken very seriously by NiftySlabs. They will need some personal information for shipping and customs, but this info will never be shared. Furthermore, this info is properly secured and destroyed once the shipment has been delivered. An e-mail address will also be necessary in order for communication to be established and maintained should the need to contact a client arise along the way
- Guaranteed 1/1 - Every label on every NiftySlab includes the name of the collection, the item number and the unique number for search and catalogue purposes. NiftySlabs’ catalogue system ensures that only 1 print of a given NFT will ever be allowed to occur. In this way, clients can be sure that they are the only one in the world who owns that NFT.
For some answers to some Frequently Asked Questions, visit the FAQ page over on NiftySlabs’ website
Order Your Very Own NiftySlab!
Yes indeed NFT owner, you too can be the proud recipient of your very own NiftySlab! You might be wondering what the cost of such a service is? Well, at the time of writing, and according to NiftySlabs’ Order page, you can expect to pay 0.03 ETH in order to have your NFT slabbed.
Is this a cool project or what? You’re gonna wanna go ahead and follow NiftySlabs on Twitter and Instagram so that you can find out more about getting NFTs slabbed, sent and preserved for future generations. Oh, they also have a Discord server you can join if you want to learn more about the project and get some of your NFTs slabbed. Awesome!
And so we’ve reached the end of yet another amazing Discovery of the Day! If you haven’t signed up for a MarketSquare profile yet, I implore you to do so as soon as possible so you get all the latest information served up to you on the regular! Be sure to show NiftySlabs some love and I will see you all again very soon! Until then, buenos dias and stay safe out there…bye bye!
Join the MarketSquare Discord and participate in weekly and holiday events when they become available! Make sure you join our growing NFT community so you can stay on top of news, the latest drops, and everything non-fungible.